Kevin Smith & Friends comics bundles from Dynamite
Dynamite Entertainment, a leader in comic book and graphic novel publishing, again teams with Humble Bundle to offer an essential collection of filmmaker Kevin Smith’s fan-favorite work at the publisher. The promotion, which includes over 70 issues (many of which inhabit the universe of Smith’s groundbreaking Green Hornet reimagining), launches today and will run through 11:00am PDT on May 17th. “Humble Comics Bundle: Kevin Smith & Friends Presented by Dynamite” can be found at: https://www.humblebundle.com/books/kevin-smith-comics
Kevin Smith’s first-ever Dynamite series, Green Hornet, took the comic market by storm in 2010 by introducing a modern incarnation of Britt Reid’s masked alter-ego, fighting crime undercover side-by-side with a fearsomely adept female bodyguard, Kato. Smith’s fellow comic book collaborators Phil Hester and Ande Parks expanded on his ten-issue saga with further Green Hornet and Kato projects. Now, Dynamite Entertainment offers fans an exclusive opportunity to pick up a massive collection of Green Hornet comics by these exceptional talents, and explore their other Dynamite work, as well. Furthermore, projects like Cryptozoic Man — created by Walt Flanagan and Bryan Johnson of Kevin Smith’s Comic Book Men television show — and the Sundance Film Festival movie tie-in Yoga Hosers one-shot (premiering as a digital comic on Humble Bundle for the first time ever) welcome more glimpses into the creative world surrounding one of master storytellers of the modern age.
“Ever since Clerks first ensnared the public consciousness, Kevin Smith has proven time and again to be a true innovator in cinema and comic books. We’ve considered it a pleasure and great honor to work with him throughout the years, bringing his fresh, new ideas to print,” says Dynamite CEO and Publisher, Nick Barrucci. “Working hand-in-hand with Humble Bundle, we’re proud to bring his Green Hornet series to a new audience, growing the comics market and bringing more awareness to the work of Smith, Hester, Parks, and the Cryptozoic Man team of Flanagan and Johnson. Enjoy!”
Part of the proceeds from the “Humble Comics Bundle: Kevin Smith & Friends Presented by Dynamite” promotion will contribute to The Wayne Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to spreading awareness of CSEC occurring in the United States, and providing direct services to young women victimized by commercial exploitation.
The “Pay What You Want” model offers readers the chance to unlock over 70 comics — a total of over 1,500 pages of content!
The core selection, set at a tier of $1.00 minimum, will give Kevin Smith fans access to:
- Green Hornet #1-10 by Kevin Smith and Jonathan Lau
- Army of Darkness (2014) #1 by Cullen Bunn, Larry Watts, and Featuring a Cover by Walter Flanagan
- Cryptozoic Man #1-4 by Bryan Johnson and Walter Flanagan
- Seduction of the Innocent #1-4 by Ande Parks and Esteve Polls
- The Shadow Annual 2013 by Ande Parks and Bilquis Evely
For those whose contribution meets or exceeds $8.00, they will also unlock the following titles:
- Green Hornet #11-15 by Phil Hester and Jonathan Lau
- Green Hornet #16-19 by Phil Hester, Ande Parks, and Igor Vitorino
- Kato #1-14 by Ande Parks, Diego Bernard, Ale Garza, and Lee Ferguson
- “Ink”, a Short Story from Vampirella Masters Series Vol. 4 by Phil Hester and Stephen Segovia
- Black Terror #5-14 by Phil Hester, Alex Ross, Jonathan Lau, Mike Lilly, Wagner Reis, and Jack Herbert
- The Shadow Special 2014 by Phil Hester and Ivan Rodriguez
$15 or more will get you all of the above, plus:
- Yoga Hosers by Kevin Smith, Jeff Quigley, and Liam Quigley
- Green Hornet #20-27 by Ande Parks, Igor Vitorino, and Ronan Cliquet
- Green Hornet: Blood Ties #1-4, by Ande Parks and Johnny Desjardins
- Kato Annual #1 by Ande Parks and Edgar Salazar
- “Magic”, a Short Story from Vampirella: 1969 by Phil Hester and Jethro Morales
- Masquerade #1-4 by Phil Hester, Alex Ross, Carlos Paul, Jean Diaz, and Manny Clark
- Project Superpowers: Chapter Two Prelude by Joe Casey, Phil Hester, Jim Krueger, Alex Ross, Mike Lilly, Carlos Paul, Alex Ross, and Edgar Salazar
All customers, who purchase any threshold, will also be rewarded with a digital code that allows them access to the Dynamite.com website, where they can enjoy Kevin Smith’s comic writing talent in all its glory by purchasing the physical copy of the much-coveted Yoga Hosers comic book for only $14.99 (plus shipping and handling).
As an added bonus for Humble Bundle fans, fifteen (15) of the digital comic books featured in this bundle will include exclusive cover artwork: Green Hornet #1-10, Army of Darkness Vol. 4 #1, Cryptozoic Man #1, Kato #1, Masquerade #1, and Yoga Hosers.
Visit today to celebrate the two-fisted adventures written by Kevin Smith and Friends! https://www.humblebundle.com/books/kevin-smith-comics
About Dynamite Entertainment:
Dynamite was founded in 2004 and is home to several best-selling comic book titles and properties, including The Boys, The Shadow, Red Sonja, Warlord of Mars, Bionic Man, A Game of Thrones, and more. Dynamite owns and controls an extensive library with over 3,000 characters (which includes the Harris Comics and Chaos Comics properties), such as Vampirella, Pantha, Evil Ernie, Smiley the Psychotic Button, Chastity, and Peter Cannon: Thunderbolt. In addition to their critically-acclaimed titles and bestselling comics, Dynamite works with some of the most high profile creators in comics and entertainment, including Kevin Smith, Alex Ross, Neil Gaiman, Andy Diggle, John Cassaday, Garth Ennis, Jae Lee, Marc Guggenheim, Mike Carey, Jim Krueger, Greg Pak, Brett Matthews, Matt Wagner, Gail Simone, Steve Niles, James Robinson, and a host of up-and-coming new talent. Dynamite is consistently ranked in the upper tiers of comic book publishers and several of their titles – including Alex Ross and Jim Krueger’s Project Superpowers – have debuted in the Top Ten lists produced by Diamond Comics Distributors. In 2005, Diamond awarded the company a GEM award for Best New Publisher and another GEM in 2006 for Comics Publisher of the Year (under 5%) and again in 2011. The company has also been nominated for and won several industry awards, including the prestigious Harvey and Eisner Awards.
Dynamite Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dynamitecomics
Dynamite Twitter: http://twitter.com/DynamiteComics
Dynamite Official Website: http://www.dynamite.com/
Comic Shop Locator Service: 1-888-comicbook, or visit http://www.comicshoplocator.com/