Hard Rock Cafe San Diego Announces Lineup For First World Burger Tour
For the first time ever, Hard Rock Cafe San Diego gives guests a backstage pass to sample Local Legendary™ Burger offerings, showcasing the flavor and ingredients at Hard Rock locations across the globe as part of its new World Burger Tour menu. These unique burger “acts” will take center stage at Hard Rock Cafe San Diego through Tuesday, June 30, 2015.
Hard Rock gives chefs at their cafes the freedom to create a unique Legendary Burger that captures the local flavors of their city and is only available at that cafe location…until now! More than 150 local burgers were evaluated by Hard Rock’s culinary team, with fan favorites selected to star on a limited-time World Burger Tour menu. These four burgers will be featured at Hard Rock Cafe San Diego in addition to its unique Local Legendary, the Southwest Chicken Burger, which features a beef patty topped with spicy shredded chicken, crispy fried jalapeños and sriracha aioli. From the Java Lava Burger in Seattle, featuring house-made espresso rub and crunchy java onions, to the Schnitzel Burger in Germany, featuring two stacks of tender pork schnitzel, Hard Rock’s Local Legendary Burgers are packing their bags (or buns) and heading out to Hard Rock Cafes across the country, with a special stop at Hard Rock Cafe San Diego!
“As a global brand, Hard Rock understands the importance of tailoring its menu and embracing the different taste profiles of guests at each of our locations,” said Michael Beacham, Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of Corporate Cafes for Hard Rock International. “The World Burger Tour provides us with a new way to share a taste of the Local Legendary experience with burger fans around the world!”
Sizzling headliners that will be featured at Hard Rock Cafe San Diego as part of Hard Rock Cafe’s World Burger Tour menu include:
- Java Lava Burger – this American Legendary from Seattle features a Certified Angus Beef® patty grilled and dressed in a house-made espresso rub and topped with lava sauce, crunchy java onions, bacon, melted Tillamook Cheddar cheese and garnished with a fried jalapeño
- Schnitzel Burger – this German Legendary features two stacks of tender pork schnitzel lightly breaded and made crispy to order, topped with crunchy sauerkraut, spicy brown mustard and savory bacon
- Banh Mi Burger – this Vietnamese Legendary features a Certified Angus Beef patty topped with house-made Vietnamese glaze, pickled vegetables and cucumbers accompanied by a garnish of cilantro and green onions
- Date Burger – this United Arab Emirates Legendary features a Certified Angus Beef patty topped with rich date chutney, diced fresh dates and a dollop of cream cheese
Local Legendary Burgers are served with lettuce, tomato and paired with the ultimate sidekick – Hard Rock’s Savory Artisan french fries. Throughout the World Burger Tour, each french fry selection is paired with a complementary signature dipping sauce. Guests in select markets can choose from Hard Rock’s classic seasoned french fries or additional new offerings, including Chili Seasoned Fries with Chipotle Garlic Ketchup, Parmesan Romano Fries with Garlic Aioli and Herb and Garlic Fries with Chimichurri Mayo*.
“Local chefs at Hard Rock Cafes take great pride in conceptualizing and creating a Local Legendary Burger that perfectly captures the culinary essence of their home city,” said Russell Booth, Executive Chef for Hard Rock International. “I speak for each of them when I say we’re excited to take our Legends on the road this summer!”
Just like the artists whose memorabilia lines the walls at Hard Rock locations worldwide, the burgers that Hard Rock Cafe serves are nothing short of “Legendary.” All Legendary Burgers feature the highest quality meats, fresh ingredients, savory sauces and rich, melted cheeses. Every half-pound Angus burger is made with Hard Rock’s proprietary blend of premium Certified Angus Beef.
As part of the World Burger Tour menu, Hard Rock Cafe Seattle will also showcase the brand’s world-famous cocktails, including:
- Mai Tai One On – a South Pacific-inspired cocktail that features a refreshing blend of Mount Gay Eclipse Rum, Cointreau® Orange Liqueur, Monin Orgeat, a splash of lime and orange juice
- Pomegranate Mule – a mix of ABSOLUT® Vodka, Monin Pomegranate and ginger beer make this summertime favorite from Russia
- Mezcarita – this refreshing and smoky margarita, which hails from Mexico, is a perfect combination of Del Maguey Mezcal, Cointreau® Orange Liqueur, Malibu® Coconut and fresh strawberries
- Pineapple Ginger Caipirinha – a Brazilian blend of Água Luca™ Cachaça and pineapple with the subtle hint of Domaine de Canton Ginger Liqueur
- Maple Old Fashioned – a twist on a classic American cocktail that features Maker’s Mark® Bourbon, cherries, maple syrup and orange juice garnished with a crisp bacon stir stick
Guests can stop by Hard Rock Cafe San Diego to try out the latest items or visit www.hardrock.com/sandiego for more information.