Eureka Restaurant Presents Fall Harvest Cocktail
Thanksgiving is only one week away and the all-American restaurant Eureka! created a special edition Farmers’ Market cocktail to complement this year’s Fall festivities. Featuring apples, cinnamon, and barrel aged rum, the Fall Harvest cocktail embodies the spirit of the holiday season.
Below is the recipe for Eureka!’s Fall Harvest cocktail:
Fall Harvest Cocktail:
1 oz Apple Cinnamon Shrub
.5 oz Lemon Juice
.25 oz Tart Cherry Liqueur
1.5 oz Ballast Point Barrel Aged 3 Sheets Rum
1 dash Sun Liquor Cherry Bitters
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker tin and shake vigorously
- Strain over ice and garnish with an apple slice
Apple Cinnamon Shrub Recipe:
2 Red Delicious Apples
2 Fuji Apples
1.5 cups Demerara Sugar
4 Cinnamon Sticks
3/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- Core all 4 apples and small dice.
- Combine diced apples and sugar into a robo coupe (or any other food processor)
- Take mixture and place in sealed container with 4 cinnamon sticks. Let the mixture sit in fridge for 2 days.
- Remove cinnamon sticks from mixture and add apple cider vinegar.
- Strain mixture through a fine mesh strainer pressing all ingredients for full extraction.
The Fall Harvest cocktail will be available at Eureka! from Monday, November 24 until Monday, December 8, 2014.
A collection of America’s best. Eureka! features an elevated American selection of craft beer, small batch whiskey, regional wine, and locally sourced ingredients in a contemporary rustic atmosphere.