ENSLAVED’s Ivar Bjørnson Discusses Two New Album Tracks
Intriguing information on “One Thousand Years Of Rain” and “Nauthir Bleeding,” tracks from the soon-to-be released thirteenth studio album In Times by Norwegian progressive extreme metallers ENSLAVED, has been provided by guitarist, songwriter, and founding member Ivar Bjørnson.
Learn the relationship of Norway’s weather patterns to religious imperialism, the history of drummer Cato Bakkevold’s playing, and the meaning of the tenth Rune in the Old Norse alphabet on the Nuclear Blast YouTube channel: http://youtu.be/V3RrdZLiHAc?list=PLB4brr7vf-P6VSsNBnW2AQ8cnjKtBBFuq.
Due out in North America on March 10th, In Times is available for streaming in its entirety on the Nuclear Blast YouTube channel: http://youtu.be/IwvcXnDl1GM?list=PLB4brr7vf-P6VSsNBnW2AQ8cnjKtBBFuq.
(Click on image for album stream.)
In Times was recorded at Duper Studios and Solslottet Studio in Bergen, Norway with additional recordings sessions in the woods of Valevåg south of Bergen, Conclave & Earshot Studios, and Peersonal Sound Studios. The album was produced by band members Ivar Bjørnson, Grutle Kjellson & Herbrand Larsen together with Iver Sandøy. Mixing was completed by Jens Bogren at Fascination Street Studios in Örebro, Sweden. Artwork is by long-time collaborating artist and “sixth ENSLAVED member” Truls Espedal, who has painted all seven album covers since 2001’s Monumension.
What the critics are saying about In Times:
- “ENSLAVED have become the future of this genre. We now have our generation’s Dark Side Of The Moon. 10/10.” – Jason Deaville, BraveWords.com’s Crossfire Review
- “This is no longer a band that ‘experiments.’ Constant evolution is, simply and plainly, an integral part of this group’s (kathaarian) life code. 9/10.” – David Perri, com’s Crossfire Review
- ” [A] beautifully savage masterpiece, composed by metal artisans who historically settle for nothing less than excellence. 10/10.” – Ray Van Horn, net
- “ENSLAVED remain the undisputed kings of progressive black metal.” – Matt Solis, Decibel Magazine (April 2005 issue)
The time is now to clear your calendar for a chance to experience one of metal’s most brilliant bands on the following “In Times” tour dates:
ENSLAVED with YOB and ECSTATIC VISION
3/05/15 Brick By Brick – San Diego, CA
3/06/15 El Rey Theatre – Los Angeles, CA
3/07/15 Slim’s – San Francisco, CA
3/09/15 Hawthorne Theater – Portland, OR
3/10/15 Rickshaw Theatre – Vancouver B.C. – CANADA
3/11/15 El Corazon – Seattle, WA
3/13/15 Bar Deluxe – Salt Lake City, UT
3/14/15 Summit Music Hall – Denver, CO
3/16/15 Mill City Nights – Minneapolis, MN
3/17/15 Thalia Hall – Chicago, IL
3/19/15 Opera House – Toronto, ON – CANADA
3/20/15 Les Foufounes Électriques – Montreal, QC – CANADA
3/21/15 Gramercy Theatre – New York, NY
3/22/15 Union Transfer – Philadelphia, PA
3/23/15 Baltimore Soundstage – Baltimore, MD
3/24/15 Sinclair – Boston, MA
Pre-sale ticket links are available on the official ENSLAVED Facebook page.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Founded 25 years ago, ENSLAVED took their name from the “Enslaved In Rot” demo track penned by fellow black metal countrymen IMMORTAL.
- Photographs of ENSLAVED members are included in the Peter Beste book, True Norwegian Black Metal.
- ENSLAVED has been nominated 7 times for a Spellemann Award (the Norwegian equivalent of the American Grammy) in the category “Best Metal Album.”
- 2012’s RIITIIR debuted at #8 on the American Billboard Heatseekers chart & appeared on numerous “Best Albums of 2012” lists around the world.
- 2010’s Axioma Ethica Odini debuted at #16 on the American Billboard Heatseekers
- 2008’s Vertebrae debuted at #11 on the American Billboard Hard Music chart and #49 on the Billboard Heatseekers chart.
- ENSLAVED has won four consecutive Spellemann Awards for the following four studio albums: Axioma Ethica Odini (2010), Vertebrae (2008), Ruun (2006), and Isa (2004).
Visit ENSLAVED online at www.ENSLAVED.no.