ENSLAVED’s Ivar Bjørnson Discusses New Album Tracks
Background information on “Thurisaz Dreaming” and “Building With Fire,” the two lead-off tracks from In Times, the thirteenth studio album by Norwegian progressive extreme metallers ENSLAVED, has graciously been provided by guitarist, songwriter, and founding member Ivar Bjørnson.
Learn the relationship of Australia & the band’s early history to the album opener and the true role of the second track on the Nuclear Blast YouTube channel: http://youtu.be/W91ZKjnCypQ?list=PLB4brr7vf-P6VSsNBnW2AQ8cnjKtBBFuq.
Due out in North America on March 10th, In Times was recorded at Duper Studios and Solslottet Studio in Bergen, Norway with additional recordings sessions in the woods of Valevåg south of Bergen, Conclave & Earshot Studios, and Peersonal Sound Studios. The album was produced by band members Ivar Bjørnson, Grutle Kjellson & Herbrand Larsen together with Iver Sandøy. Mixing was completed by Jens Bogren at Fascination Street Studios in Örebro, Sweden.
Artwork is by long-time collaborating artist and “sixth ENSLAVED member” Truls Espedal, who has painted all seven album covers since 2001’s Monumension. Peek into Truls’ creative process here.
In Times is currently available for pre-order from the new album landing page in an exclusive Mail-Order edition, various vinyl editions, and digi-pak formats.
The track listing for In Times is:
01 – Thurisaz Dreaming
02 – Building With Fire
03 – One Thousand Years Of Rain
04 – Nauthir Bleeding
05 – In Times
06 – Daylight
ENSLAVED return to North America next month for a headlining tour through the U.S. and Canada with YOB and ECSTATIC VISION. Clear your calendar for a chance to see one of metal’s most brilliant bands live & in the flesh on the following dates:
3/05/15 Brick By Brick – San Diego, CA
3/06/15 El Rey Theatre – Los Angeles, CA
3/07/15 Slim’s – San Francisco, CA
3/09/15 Hawthorne Theater – Portland, OR
3/10/15 Rickshaw Theatre – Vancouver B.C. – CANADA
3/11/15 El Corazon – Seattle, WA
3/13/15 Bar Deluxe – Salt Lake City, UT
3/14/15 Summit Music Hall – Denver, CO
3/16/15 Mill City Nights – Minneapolis, MN
3/17/15 Thalia Hall – Chicago, IL
3/19/15 Opera House – Toronto, ON – CANADA
3/20/15 Les Foufounes Électriques – Montreal, QC – CANADA
3/21/15 Gramercy Theatre – New York, NY
3/22/15 Union Transfer – Philadelphia, PA
3/23/15 Baltimore Soundstage – Baltimore, MD
3/24/15 Sinclair – Boston, MA
Pre-sale ticket links are available on the official ENSLAVED Facebook page.
Watch the official lyric video for “Thurisaz Dreaming” on the Nuclear Blast YouTube channel: http://youtu.be/a640Wu6PQbs?list=PLB4brr7vf-P6VSsNBnW2AQ8cnjKtBBFuq
DID YOU KNOW?
- Founded 25 years ago, ENSLAVED took their name from the “Enslaved In Rot” demo track penned by fellow black metal countrymen IMMORTAL.
- Photographs of ENSLAVED members are included in the Peter Beste book, True Norwegian Black Metal.
- ENSLAVED have been nominated 7 times for a Spellemann Award (the Norwegian equivalent of the American Grammy) in the category “Best Metal Album.”
- 2012’s RIITIIR debuted at #8 on the American Billboard Heatseekers chart & appeared on numerous “Best Albums of 2012” lists around the world.
- 2010’s Axioma Ethica Odini debuted at #16 on the American Billboard Heatseekers
- 2008’s Vertebrae debut at #11 on the American Billboard Hard Music chart and #49 on the Billboard Heatseekers chart.
- ENSLAVED have won four consecutive Spellemann Awards for the following four studio albums: Axioma Ethica Odini (2010), Vertebrae (2008), Ruun (2006), and Isa (2004).
Visit ENSLAVED online at www.ENSLAVED.no.
Like – www.facebook.com/ENSLAVED
Follow – twitter.com/ENSLAVEDBAND
Watch – www.youtube.com/ENSLAVEDOFFICIAL