ENSLAVED Streaming New Album To Celebrate North American Tour Launch
To celebrate the launch of their headlining tour through the U.S. and Canada with YOB and ECSTATIC VISION on March 5th in conjunction with the upcoming North American release of their the thirteenth studio album on March 10th, Norwegian progressive extreme metallers ENSLAVED have made In Times available for streaming in its entirety on the Nuclear Blast YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwvcXnDl1GM.
ENSLAVED share the following about their new album:
“As always, it is hard to formulate an exact direction ENSLAVED is or is not heading in with the new album. This duality is part of the essence of the band: The ability to maintain consistency and a strong identity and, at the same time, surprise both the oldest fans and even ourselves with new musical directions. The new material is darker and rawer, more aggressive and direct, yet continues the exploration deeper into progressive, softer, and more melodic territories with at times complex song structures, combined with unusually immediate (for ENSLAVED, at least) elements. The high level of energy in the songs reflects both an inspired and an ever-harder working band that keeps pushing their own and their associated genres’ limits.”
The time is now to clear your calendar for a chance to experience one of metal’s most brilliant bands on the following “In Times” tour dates:
ENSLAVED with YOB and ECSTATIC VISION
3/05/15 Brick By Brick – San Diego, CA
3/06/15 El Rey Theatre – Los Angeles, CA
3/07/15 Slim’s – San Francisco, CA
3/09/15 Hawthorne Theater – Portland, OR
3/10/15 Rickshaw Theatre – Vancouver B.C. – CANADA
3/11/15 El Corazon – Seattle, WA
3/13/15 Bar Deluxe – Salt Lake City, UT
3/14/15 Summit Music Hall – Denver, CO
3/16/15 Mill City Nights – Minneapolis, MN
3/17/15 Thalia Hall – Chicago, IL
3/19/15 Opera House – Toronto, ON – CANADA
3/20/15 Les Foufounes Électriques – Montreal, QC – CANADA
3/21/15 Gramercy Theatre – New York, NY
3/22/15 Union Transfer – Philadelphia, PA
3/23/15 Baltimore Soundstage – Baltimore, MD
3/24/15 Sinclair – Boston, MA
Pre-sale ticket links are available on the official ENSLAVED Facebook page.
Due out in North America on March 10th, In Times was recorded at Duper Studios and Solslottet Studio in Bergen, Norway with additional recordings sessions in the woods of Valevåg south of Bergen, Conclave & Earshot Studios, and Peersonal Sound Studios. The album was produced by band members Ivar Bjørnson, Grutle Kjellson & Herbrand Larsen together with Iver Sandøy. Mixing was completed by Jens Bogren at Fascination Street Studios in Örebro, Sweden.
Artwork is by long-time collaborating artist and “sixth ENSLAVED member” Truls Espedal, who has painted all seven album covers since 2001’s Monumension. Observe his creative process here.
In Times is currently available for pre-order from the new album landing page in an exclusive Mail-Order edition, various vinyl editions, and digi-pak formats.
The track listing for In Times is:
01 – Thurisaz Dreaming
02 – Building With Fire
03 – One Thousand Years Of Rain
04 – Nauthir Bleeding
05 – In Times
06 – Daylight
DID YOU KNOW?
- Founded 25 years ago, ENSLAVED took their name from the “Enslaved In Rot” demo track penned by fellow black metal countrymen IMMORTAL.
- Photographs of ENSLAVED members are included in the Peter Beste book, True Norwegian Black Metal.
- ENSLAVED has been nominated 7 times for a Spellemann Award (the Norwegian equivalent of the American Grammy) in the category “Best Metal Album.”
- 2012’s RIITIIR debuted at #8 on the American Billboard Heatseekers chart & appeared on numerous “Best Albums of 2012” lists around the world.
- 2010’s Axioma Ethica Odini debuted at #16 on the American Billboard Heatseekers
- 2008’s Vertebrae debuted at #11 on the American Billboard Hard Music chart and #49 on the Billboard Heatseekers chart.
- ENSLAVED has won four consecutive Spellemann Awards for the following four studio albums: Axioma Ethica Odini (2010), Vertebrae (2008), Ruun (2006), and Isa (2004).
Visit ENSLAVED online at www.ENSLAVED.no.
Like – www.facebook.com/ENSLAVED
Follow – twitter.com/ENSLAVEDBAND
Watch – www.youtube.com/ENSLAVEDOFFICIAL