CHOOSING DEATH: The Improbable History of Death Metal & Grindcore
Ships with free limited color woven patch.
Mudrian’s widely praised blow-by-blow history of metal’s most relentless strains was first published in 2004. Picking up the gruesome path over a decade later, Mudrian leaves no tombstone un-turned, delivers three new chapters, and expands existing material with the results of 50 new interviews. Brutal new 16-page color section features raw, bloody early photos of Death, Repulsion, Obituary, Deicide, Morbid Angel, Thanatos, At the Gates, Napalm Death, Carcass, Dismember, Nihilist, and many others.
Death-luxe 2016 edition features:
• New introduction by Albert Mudrian
• New foreword by Scott Carlson of Repulsion
• Revised and expanded new chapters
• Brutal new 16-page color section featuring raw, bloody early photos of Death, Repulsion, Obituary, Deicide, Morbid Angel, Thanatos, At the Gates, Napalm Death, Carcass, Dismember, Nihilist, and many others
• Expanded Essential Discography
• Complete reformat for this larger, heavier 130gsm paper edition
“Albert Mudrian, our disciple of all that is heavy and extreme, definitively documents this period of blissful cacophony for all to behold. Play fast or die!”
– Shane Embury, Napalm Death
“Mudrian, editor-in-chief of Decibel magazine, condenses painstaking and lengthy interviews to create this informative history of death metal, covering the genre’s origin in small clubs and basements on two continents.”